Our bodies must be able to metabolize what we consume in order to maintain proper health.
Diabetes can occur when our bodies do not metabolize food properly. That's why it is recommended that we eat 5 small meals per day, instead of 3 big meals.
This gives the body a chance to break down foods and send them to the proper body cells and organs.
1. Chewing Food
- Although I don't have a specific number for the amount of times to chew food before swallowing, because it varies according to the foods and the person mouth capacity. I do know that this plays an important role in metabolism.
- Our food should flow down our throats and not go down in chunks. It makes our bodies work too hard to break the food down, especially when its done repeatedly.
- The amount of water we take in daily is another factor in helping metabolize food and maintaining good overall health.
- Water is the most recommended beverage.
- Water not only helps break down food, it also helps keeps our systems flushed and everything flowing properly.
So, the little TO DO LIST
- Eat 5 small meals daily
- Chew food well before swallowing
- Drink plenty of water